The night motel manager in Yuma, AZ and I were outside watching the eclipse of the moon turn red early Tuesday morning (3/3/26) when I received a call from brother Doug telling me our mother had passed away. As I thought about Mom in glory, the song, "Hymn of Heaven" came to mind; "And on that day, we join the resurrection, and stand beside the heroes of the faith". She is also with her husband Harry, son Dan, and great-grandson Ryker. We as siblings and our spouses spent time together remembering, grieving, celebrating, and planning her funeral. Our spouses are absolutely part of our extended family; Beth and husband Dan, Bill and wife Julie, Doug and wife Ginger, Donna and husband Roger, and I and my wonderful wife Jan. Our parent's clan has grown to around 100 souls, and still growing. Mom's funeral was held at church yesterday (3/7/26) on Jan and my 51st wedding anniversary. Our son-in-law Brian (Becky's husband) was the pastor. He read several of mo...
Comments