Hospital Stay

Greetings friends. Shortly after our visit 2 weeks ago I started feeling tough with aching, shaking, sweating, and being incoherent. I was admitted to the hospital on 9/11 with sepsis, a blood infection. We were at Mahaska Health for a week.

The hospital staff and our family's gals took good care of me while I was unable to take care of myself. Below Jan, Dr. T, and Kristin are discussing a plan forward.


 I returned home this past Thursday evening. Even with over 6 inches of rain in the last 10 days the guys were busy harvesting an abundant crop. I sat on the cabin porch and watched them.


If you have any questions or interest in the details of my journey please ask me or a family member. Any of us would be glad to answer questions. I just don't want this visit to be all about me.


 Last week a fuel refinery south of Chicago including diesel production for the Midwest went down due to flooding. Our fuel supplier has been told to expect a terminal shutdown for a week period. Since most farm diesel storage is empty, I'm concerned about $7/gallon fuel for a big harvest. I hope you all can tell me in a month I had nothing to be concerned for.


After one of my particular tough nights in the hospital, Jan went home, feeling helpless, alone, and scared. She prayed, "Lord, I give my husband's care to you. Please hold him in Your hands". "A truly good wife is the most precious treasure a man can find". Proverbs 31:10


 A sad finish to our week. We received a call yesterday that our bookkeeper, Linda's, daughter Jill, passed away unexpectedly. 7 years ago Linda tragically lost her husband Kevin. It hurts here on earth. But Jill is now totally and completely praising her Lord and Savior with her father. We promise you our love and prayers, Linda and family.


 


 


 


 

Comments

Ila Ruby said…
Been and continued prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

The Smell Of Tassels

Leave The Rest To Him