Still Waters Iowa is a farm family cabin. It is located just off of an active farmyard and is adjacent to a four acre pond. This blog is updated weekly to connect with our friends.
Meeting Facilities
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Still Waters Iowa offers a spacious cabin area for:
After a couple of rain showers last week the country side is covered in corn tassels. In early mornings and late evenings you can smell the tassels and silks as the corn plant starts the process of making an ear. The smell of corn tassels is a gift, announcing things are happening. And it is a promise that we are another step closer to harvest. Every year we worry about whether or not we will have a crop. Will we be able to provide, to pay the bills, to share with those less fortunate? And every year God shows He is faithful and looks forward to taking care of our needs. Yesterday BJ combined his rye. I stopped in occasionally at Karl and Kristin's just to keep an eye on things. They and Kurt and Emily get back today from taking some time off in Colorado with the girls' parents. Mike called me on the 4th of July and asked if I had some time to help. My friend Dana tells me, "If your going to make a mistake, make it at full sp...
Greetings friends. Shortly after our visit 2 weeks ago I started feeling tough with aching, shaking, sweating, and being incoherent. I was admitted to the hospital on 9/11 with sepsis, a blood infection. We were at Mahaska Health for a week. The hospital staff and our family's gals took good care of me while I was unable to take care of myself. Below Jan, Dr. T, and Kristin are discussing a plan forward. I returned home this past Thursday evening. Even with over 6 inches of rain in the last 10 days the guys were busy harvesting an abundant crop. I sat on the cabin porch and watched them. If you have any questions or interest in the details of my journey please ask me or a family member. Any of us would be glad to answer questions. I just don't want this visit to be all about me. Last week a fuel refinery south of Chicago including diesel production for the Midwest went down due to flooding. Our fuel supplier has been told to expect a terminal shutdown for a week period. Sinc...
Memorial Day is past. The crop is growing. The weather is warm. Our 2nd full moon of the month welcomed me up this morning. It's called a blue moon. And it's wedding season. Amelia and Tysen were married Monday. I snagged a picture of them with their parents, Randy and Jodi, and Stacy and Mark. "Direct your children on the right path. And when they get older, they will not leave it". Proverbs 22:6. As parents we raise our kids with love, boundaries, responsibilities, and a care for others. When they become adults and become their own family, we promise them support, we respect their independence, we pray for them, we bless them like these parents are doing at Monday's wedding, and we leave the rest to God. "Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him... How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them". Psalm 127: 3,5. What is a man with a full quiver to do? Serve others. Finish strong. Be teachable. Be generous. Walk humbly. And leav...
Comments