Sunday, December 30, 2012

Challenges or Opportunities

2012 will soon be history. It had it's share of challenges, yet it was full of opportunities. As we look back did we make the most of those opportunities not just in business but also in our personal lives. I heard someone say once, never regret your past, however don't stay living there. I also found a quote I'd like to share this week. 
 I asked for strength and God gave me difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for wisdom and God gave me problems to solve.
 I asked for prosperity and God gave me abilities and strength to work.
 I asked for courage and God gave me dangers to overcome.
 I asked for patience and God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait.
I asked for love and God gave me troubled people to help.
 I asked for favors and God gave me opportunities.
 I asked for everything so I could enjoy life.
 Instead, He gave me life so I could enjoy everything.
I received nothing I wanted yet everything I needed.
Who are we as a result of 2012, as an individual, as a family, as a church, as a country? So often we make choices that are reactive rather than proactive to challenges. We look at opportunities and make choices that give us the most financial benefit. I hear the comment, it's not about the money, however so often it is. The true measure of a man is how he treats others who have nothing to give back. 2013 will be full of challenges. It will also be full of opportunities. Give 110%, hang on loosely, don't worry about minor details, and care about and love the people God puts in your life. Happy New Year everyone.
 

No comments: