Sunday, February 14, 2016

Show Me

In some ways the events over the past months have made for a very long year. Many of you have had loved ones with health challenges. Special days come and go and remind us of folks lost. 
                   
Sometimes workloads seem heavy. We all know of folks, or have experienced ourselves, financial situations that require belt tightening. Our countries leadership now and in the future look uncertain.
Relationships are the key to making things happen. Yet when we hear folks speak ill of us we question ourselves. We say, "God, show us how to act justly, show mercy, and walk humbly with You for Your glory and others good".
A wider focus shows promises and new beginnings all around us. Remember life consist of 10% what happens, and 90% how we respond. We can't control what happens. However we definitely have a say in how we respond to life. It's called attitude.
God says, "I have a plan for you. I have given you abilities. I am giving you opportunities. Now, with My help, go and get ready for a new season". 
Wow. This picture was taken in 1975 at our first place, our only vehicle, and our only tractor. Did Jan and I have a plan? Not a chance. But God did.
One day that year I heard Jan holler from the kitchen. "What did you do?" I didn't do anything. Since we had no well there was a cistern. We would buy water delivered 1000 gallon at a time. Believe it or not snakes loved to live in that cistern. This one got curious. It was his last day.
When my Dad was younger, men were drafted into the military. He and 7 other guys left on a bus for Fort Lenardwood for basic training. Front row, Don, George, Clarence, Danny. Back row, Everett, Roger, Dad, Garrett.
Our oldest son, Mike was in the Marines. He celebrated his 18th birthday in boot camp. This is a picture of him in Thailand. 
This was Kurt and Karl's AAU basketball team way back when. All their expressions expect Alex look like they must have had a losing season. Kurt looks like he might be trying to lighten the atmosphere. 
Grandson, Cody was in an excellent performance Friday evening at our Christian Grade School. The kids did an awesome job.
I have the best job in the world and I get to work with the best guys. I get asked often how we all get along. These guys care about each other. We are running machinery through the shop and looking forward to spring.
Today is Valentines Day. Cards can be overpriced, picked over, and never say what you want them to. However it's not about the card or what it says. It's showing your spouse you remembered and care. I also have a valentine to show my kids. It's a promise I will always love their mother.
  "Now someone may argue, Some people have faith; others have good deeds. But I say, How can you show me your faith if you don't have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds." James 2:18

No comments: