Sunday, December 4, 2016

Clouds

Last Sunday morning's red sky proved to be true to it's prediction of a "red sky in the morning, sailors take warning" as it rained all afternoon.
Since we had a fair amount of December corn sold the trucks have been busy this week and will be busy all month.
 Alex worked on NH3 yesterday and I think we are pretty well wrapped up except for a few odds and ends.
Often my field work time is interrupted with appointments, meetings, and just keeping everything going however yesterday I jumped in the tractor and chisel first thing in the morning and was able to stick with finishing up chiseling until late last evening. 
 Karl and Malaki worked on odd jobs all day yesterday getting ready for winter.
 Earlier we had a hitch pin bounce out and our Excellorator ended up in the ditch. After chainsawing a tree that fell over Kurt was able to back it out.
Earlier in the week we got to watch grandsons play some junior high basketball.
 Interesting. I found out Friday evening at a PCH basketball game that cell phones have a new use. During introduction of the starting lineup the student section turns on their phones and wave them. 
 Opening day of shotgun season for deer in Iowa is just about a national holiday. Hunters were everywhere yesterday.
 Our guys join up with our neighbors to hunt. However the mid day lunch is looked forward to about as much as shooting deer. I think Carol may still have something to do with all that good food.
 Cassia is on the bake sale committee at OCGS. The committee baked and frosted 3600 Christmas cookies. 
 Most of us have heard about the accident and tragedy that happened at Pella Walmart. I was hauling corn mid morning Thursday when flashing lights passed me and were hurrying to Pella. It's going to be a tough holiday season for the families that lost loved ones when the pickup crashed into the store.
 Our community lost a friend and fellow seed dealer this week. Mike was a Pioneer seed salesman and died unexpectedly. Mike and my path's crossed often as he sold Pioneer and I sold Dekalb to many of the same folks. Mike often delivered seed to our shed for customers we were doing customwork for. We both enjoyed the connection. I will miss him. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Cheryl and his three children. Also to his business associates, Brian and Tyler.
 As I finish up this morning I see it's snowing. It continues to be a cloudy week in many ways.
If you are having a dreary, cloudy week don't forget the ones God has put in your life that you love.
On many occasions at our house little eyes are watching. As the praise team sang in our church last Sunday hopefully they will "Find us faithful". I thank God I can lean on Him on cloudy days. So can you. 

No comments: