Sunday, August 16, 2015

Friends

Sometimes friends help out with those out of the ordinary jobs. Kurt is putting a rope through the top pulley of our 30 foot flag pole.
Kipper likes to hang out where the action is and often runs over from Karl and Kristin's house. On his return trips back home he refuses to jump in the back of the truck and thinks he belongs in front.
Early this week vaccinated 5000 head of pigs at Karl's shed.
 On a recent visit to an elderly widow I saw this picture and remembered one just like it hanging in my grandparents house 50 years ago. Betty is 90 years old and said this pic was given to her by her parents.
One of the first jobs in getting the shop ready for company is cleaning the washroom pit. Brad and grandkids are helping out.
Our annual appreciation supper is really a friends gathering. Thanks to the girls for always serving a great meal and greeting our guests.
Business associates become friends. Dana is my boss in the seed business and spoke about what's in a bag of seed. Ray is who we sell our corn crop to and spoke about harvest and markets.
Becky and Brian had plenty of help Friday pouring concrete. It's always a rush where to put the little bit of extra concrete after the main job is complete. Becky and I got a spot ready on a broken feeding floor.
A concrete project is always a lot of work but is always worth it.
Yesterday I was mowing road ditches on a farm on old Hwy 92. I am always amazed at how narrow our highways used to be.
When I was part of the new campus project at PCHS I would mow the road ditch every year. Since the campus completion I haven't been back.
Since I like the exposer of our school along the 4 lane and since I don't like trees growing in ditches I decided to be a friend and go get that mowed.
I ended up needing a friend as a tree put a hole in the sidewall of my tire. Thanks Todd for sending your help out on a Saturday afternoon.
Friends of the unborn got together yesterday at our Capital to protest the killing and selling of baby body parts. Who would ever dream we would get to this? How long will God allow us to exist? Thanks for loaning me the picture Connie.
You always run into friends at the State Fair. Rick was grilling pork chops and took time to visit with Kurt and Jackson.
Friends encourage and let you know you are valued. Mark is visiting with Elijah before his next race. Elijah won.
Being a friend in this life shows and teaches others what God intended when He made us and is a foretaste of the fellowship we look foreword to in our next life in eternity.

No comments: