Sunday, January 18, 2015

Understanding And Sharing What Really Matters


Good morning folks. For some unknown reason my computer refuses to load pictures this morning. I'm sorry. I will do my best to paint pictures in your mind as I share during our visit.
 
It was a beautiful Friday morning and warming up. The evening before Jan and I drove to Des Moines where she had some shopping to do while I attended my board meeting in Urbandale. At our meeting we were discussing the upcoming presidential campaigns. We also talked about some of our organization's friends that included God in their successful businesses.
 
I had received an invite to a meeting in SE Iowa from an Ag business that I don't do business with. I was intrigued however that in their advertising they shared their values and their faith.
 
Thanks to Mark, Brad, and Alex who were loading and hauling beans I decided to head down the 4 lane to SE Iowa. As I was leaving Jan called and reminded me of a farm sale in the neighborhood which I also passed on.
 
As I arrived on this businesses property I counted around 100 pickups in attendance. I walked in, was given a tour, offered a cup of coffee, and invited to mingle until lunch which would be in about 20 minutes. I didn't know a soul there and I was wondering why I had even come.
 
We were asked to find a seat and the meeting was starting. Ben opened the meeting, said they were thankful for us their guests, and said they felt blessed to be in business. He then introduced Scot, the owner of the family business. Scot talked about his family, their company's passion for farmers, and said they were taking a step of faith expanding into Iowa. He mentioned their company was growing around 20% a year. He also talked about attitude, teamwork, integrity, and commitment.
 
After more introductions they said it was time for lunch. Ben asked everyone to bow their heads and asked the blessing on the meal. As folks were getting in the lunch line I saw the owner exiting the room and I knew why I had come. I passed on lunch, caught up with him, and thanked him for including God in his growing business. It's refreshing and rewarding when someone understands and shares what really matters.
 
Last Sunday Justin shared with our church about his ministry in Cambodia. His passion showed and he understands relationships is how to reach folks for the Lord.
 
I was hoping to show you Karl's clean hog shed this morning. Yesterday Karl bought breakfast pizza and several of us including 8 grownups and 7 kids put things in place for the arrival of 3600 baby pigs next week.
 
Jan and I attended a wedding of a friend of ours who we do business with. My prayer for them as they continue their lives together is that they understand what really matters in their marriage and share that with each other.
 
"For I want you to understand what really matters so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day our Lord returns." Philippians 1:10







No comments: