Sunday, December 21, 2014

It Only Takes A Spark

 Do you remember looking forward to Christmas as a kid? Hope you still are this week as programs, family, food, and gifts spark in you the joy and peace of the season.
 We had our family Christmas last evening. Thanks to Jan, kids, and grandkids for a great evening.
 Thanks to Becky and Emily for helping wrap presents earlier in the week. If you look close you can see Jackson trying to help. Thanks to Jan for doing the shopping.
 I made a trip to Drakesville to pick up some help with stovepipe for the new house.
 Jan plans on a wood burning stove in our living room. I'll bet you older readers still remember getting rid of your stove when you got a new furnace. It seems like history repeats itself sometimes. 
I picked up Truman and Carlton from their homes. Carlton lives next door to the Amish gal that writes in the Iowa magazine and just had child number twelve.
 Jan and I went to Des Moines on Thursday for four reasons. First it was her birthday. Second we went shopping for floor covering. Third I needed to pick up a new chisel tire and rim. 
 And finally I had a board meeting with this good looking bunch. This board meets monthly to work at keeping Biblical principles and family values in the civic arena.
I'm not a big fan of politics and I hope God never calls me to a public office. However I think we all have some responsibility in upholding the values this country was built on. I also want my grandkids to experience the same opportunities I've had.
 After our board meeting we went to this old church for a Christmas get-together.
 The old church is owned by Dick and Betty. They were sued some time ago for not allowing a gay wedding in their facility. They said the emotional and financial strain to protect what they believe in was overwhelming and suggested Jan and I be careful when we share our cabin.
 "It only takes a spark to get a fire going; and soon all those around can warm up in it's glowing."
 "That's how it is with God's love, once you've experienced it, you spread His love to everyone, yo want to pass it on."
 "I wish for you my friend this happiness that I've found. You can depend on Him, it matters not where you're bound."
"I'll shout it from the mountain top, I want the world to know the Lord of love has come for me, I want to pass it on." Merry Christmas.

No comments: