Sunday, November 30, 2014

I Have A Plan For You

 I'm sure many of you spent some time with family this past week. We did as well. Do you ever look back and think, Wow, so much has changed?
Do you ever wonder what things will be like for the next generation? One thing is certain. The same One that had our lives planned has theirs planned as well.
 As I thought about the paths our lives have taken over the last 40 years I decided to dig out some old but pleasant memories. I joined a Men's Chorus as a Junior in high school and was a member for 20 years. The group still sings today. I'll bet many of you from Iowa recognize some faces.
I was 18 years old when Jan and I got married. After our first date I left on a motorcycle trip. I bought her the necklace she is wearing in this picture while I was gone. I remember asking my buddy Phil, if he thought that was an ok idea.
This was and still is my little girl. Today Becky is married to Brian and they have 4 active growing boys.
 This is Mike and his friend Tracy. Today Mike is married to Suzanne, has a 6th grader Cody, and has a dozing business. His friend Tracy is a highway patrolman. Nice gold chain Mike. :)
 The kids always tell me I used to make them work hard. Looks like they are spraying weeds probably before Roundup. Today they custom spray thousands of acres for Cargill.
 There's nothing like a cold drink of water straight from a deep well after working hard.
 Here is a picture of 5 brothers taken about 20 years ago. It looks like Mike is tired and one of the twins is being a tease. Wonder which one that is?
 Here are those same 5 brothers who stopped by for dinner last week at Pella Christian High School where their mother works a day a week.
 Cassia's brother Micah was in a car accident early last week on I 80.  
 It was a miracle that he was not killed. His wheel chair in the passenger seat was destroyed.
He was released from the hospital with fractures and cuts on his face and we were happy to have him and his parents spend Thanksgiving evening with our family.
 Matt helps out after his full time job. He and his wife have 4 young children.
Alex's grandma Pearl had a 90th birthday party yesterday. After living on the farm for nearly 70 years she is looking forward to an apartment in assisted living.
We are a blessed society with an abundance. Remember when the headlines used to worry about how were we ever going to feed the growing population. We still have the freedom and the means to raise a family. We can still decide what we choose to do for a living. Our culture still allows folks to grow old with respect and dignity. God in His grace has a plan. 
However that's not the end of the story. We need to use our God-given treasures to show our gratitude by giving, caring, and sharing. We are to use our God-given talents to work hard and do everything we can to insure the freedoms and values we currently enjoy. We are to use some of our God-given time on our knees asking for His continued plan for ourselves, our families, our communities, and our country.  

No comments: