Sunday, September 14, 2014

Be Still And Know

The pictures in our visit this morning tell a harvest story.
I even had it written not knowing the internet had quit working and none of it was saved.
So I went to the cabin and put the potatoes in the oven for Harris's baptism dinner today.
Then I drove up north and checked the dryer.
Now I'm back with the internet working. I often wonder what you folks like to read about.
I sometimes wonder what God wants me to share about in our visits.
God often reminds me life is not about us.
He also reminds me I can't control things like the weather so it really doesn't do much good worrying about it.
He teaches me that things don't always go as planned and we are all totally dependent on His will and purpose.
He reminds me all our abilities come from Him and we are to try our hardest with the talents we are given.
God is honored and pleased when we have conversations with Him that include praising, thanking, asking, and listening.
He values relationships and wants us to show His light and love to others through serving.
13 years ago this past week our country was attacked. People from all over our country filled churches and asked God for help. How soon we forget. 
God is also glorified when we as churches seek out ways to share the good news we are given with others and help those outside our circles to enjoy and celebrate worship.
"In his heart man plans his course, but the Lord determines the outcome."   Prov. 16:9
"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will be successful. The Lord works everything out for His own ends."            Prov. 16:3-4

No comments: